Sunday, March 8, 2009

Welcome to the Brave New World

America: Freedom to Fascism
The Director's Cut


I don't know how to critique this film and still do it justice. [edit: I forgot to add this earlier, at this time I haven't personally looked up the laws discussed in this film, and thus can't say if they're valid or not.] This is the second film I've linked on this blog that references George Orwell. I'm starting to wonder why 1984 isn't required reading in all high schools across America. The scarier thought I had immediately following this was, would it even make a difference? I think we have all heard references to Big Brother at some point in our lives, but I don't see a mass protesting in the streets against things. But maybe, even if there was such a group, I wouldn't see it on the news.

While watching this film it reminded me of a quote from my favorite TV show, Joss Whedon's Firefly. Jayne had said:
"Do you want to know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with."

No comments:

Post a Comment